miércoles, 6 de noviembre de 2013

The perfect song



Hi students:

Today I'm going to refer to what I consider a perfect song. The song is actually called "Perfect day". It was written by New Yorker Lou Reed and it is very well know because it was used in the movie Trainspotting in the 90’s but it was originally written and published in 1973.

I like this song because its lyrics are simple and talk about things anybody could do in a given day, like feeding animals in the zoo, drinking sangria in a park or simply watching a movie and then go home.

Anyhow, such ideas are simple and effective because the lyrics refer to a perfect day shared by two people who get along well and the main character of the story is glad (happy) that he could spend such perfect day with the other person.

However, the line that I like most in the song goes like this: “you made me forget myself. I thought I was someone else, someone good”. I find this idea overwhelming because sometimes I feel like that when I’m surrounded by the right people.

Some years ago I had a perfect day with a girl I used to love a lot. We didn’t have a relationship. We were not girlfriend and boyfriend, but we loved each other and we had only ONE day to spend time together for the last time.

We were living in Sydney, Australia, and she had to go back to her country (Switzerland) and we spend a entire day in the city, walking around, eating chips and drinking iced tea and latte. We took a ferry (boat) and walked along a beautiful beach, then we saw the sunset on the ferry back to the city. After that, we ate at a restaurant where we had to share the table with a group of retired couples and we finally went to a bar where we drank our last beer and said goodbye.

I felt like someone good. Perfect feeling with the right person. Simply, a perfect day.

15 comentarios:

  1. Your history is so perfect =) I´ll hope you have more perfect days

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. We all deserve a perfect day in our lives, right?

      I hope you have had a perfect day already.

      Eliminar
  2. ohhhhh is song I like ver much (although more for movie with for one the storie for me)... The history is very nice, I feel nostalgia :(
    Regards

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I feel nostalgia too when I listen to it.

    I remember that girl and I wonder what she's doing.


    :)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. oh Lou Reed :c , i like this song, is very cool :c your history is like a movie, a nice movie of love c: regards!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh, yeah.
    I want to write a book or make a movie of it. It's a good idea.

    :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Teacher here is my Blogg, im the new student (especial case jejeje) Thx for you understanding.
    http://rikardinadventures.blogspot.com/
    cya!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. hello teacher ...!!! is an incredible song, I feel transported when I hear it, I think it is very freak and cool at the same time, I like ... :)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello teacher

    Sorry for not having gone through your blog, its history is amazing !!!

    Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Love this song! it also reminds me good times.
    thats one of the great things about music it can transport you everywhere throuhg time.:)

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Great song and history, I think I've have perfect days and also with a girl I love.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. never i here this song, but i can say it´s so good, now i understand becouse it´s your perfect song :)

    ResponderEliminar
  12. i never listen before this song ... is a little romantic, and
    your history is so beatifull... i heard while read... i can understand why this is your
    perfect song.... i hope you can have another perfect day =)

    ResponderEliminar
  13. This song is amazing. His musical taste is really good.
    I feel my soul :)

    ResponderEliminar