miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2013

How green are you?

- Where do people learn about enviromentally friendly practices?
- Have you incorporated recycling into your habits? Describe
- Do you use a bike or your legs instead of a car?
- Have you joined or supported any eco-organisations? Why/Why not?
- What else have you done /would you like to do?

- What's missing in our society/Santiago regarding this issue?




People in Chile are not really familiar with recycling or taking care of the environment. Schools do not have programs related to environmental issues and subjects do not deal with those problems in deep.

There are specific programs in higher education that are completely related to these matters but regular syllabus at school or university do not include environmentally friendly practices. It is up to the teacher/professor if they want to include activities that can show students how to be friendly to our planet.

In my personal case, I try to recycle by organizing the waste I produce every day by dividing it into paper, plastic and organic waste. The problem is that the garbage truck puts everything in the same bucket. That’s a shame.

Another thing I do is to use my bike regularly. Apart from helping the environment, it helps my health and my mood. I feel happy every time I ride my bike. It makes me feel like the wind. 


Anyhow, I feel that my contribution is too little for this world full of problems but it’s something, at least.

15 comentarios:

  1. Teacher, I think that recycled is a work of the planet, is a big work, but if you start with the little details, that make difference =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are very right but some people just don't get it.

    :(

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I would bike to the U but I live super-away but I find it a good way to help using bicycle.
    regards

    ResponderEliminar
  5. If we all educated from small green conscious, the world would be much better!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi teacher!

    The recycling is still very new, and that is why it is a great help what you are doing. I would like to come in the mountainbiking to U :)

    Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hello teacher...!!! I think it's very important to educate our society about recycling, but especially to the little ones who are the future of the country ...!!! Bye :)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello teacher, i love this topic i thik that recycled is a great wokr, but that is not enough, we need to create a new ecological policy in specific country to improve our space

    ResponderEliminar
  9. hello teacher. the truth in chile the cuture this recycling s very bad.... the municipalities make to impossible for the people to do, but people does not.
    Is very sad

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi teacher ! is so much important have green consciousness !! but, to be realyst I think even we have a long homework with this topic !!! :(


    ResponderEliminar
  11. so... when read this post, think in that the love for the environment is fundamental but since that was childs, think that is very difficult will better the behaviour of a old person. Us teacher for your part is enough green, Needed more person with you!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. You have to start with something, if we all do this little things, we'll certainly help environment

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hi teacher, it´s true in Chile we don´t hace a culture of recicly, and anybody learn obout this, the problem it´s ouer society, the problem is the plante it´s only one :s

    ResponderEliminar
  14. yeeeeaaaaahhh the bike is the best thing of the wooorld !!

    while you drive you not help to contaminate our air. I'm a riderbike like you and i really feel the same with my bike...and i remember your bike in the english class, is so pretty =P
    well... take care !! the bike is a little dangerous but it deserve =)

    ResponderEliminar
  15. If the Schools do have programs related to environmental issues. Chile will have more opportunities to progress in the future.

    ResponderEliminar